Monday, January 7, 2013

First step...Healing

For one to move on, you must learn to heal yourself.

Easier said than done.

Today, I got word that I was up for evaluation whether I am already qualified to be permanent after seven months. Although I have yet to talk with the evaluator, I chance upon some of comments in the evaluation sheet.

Needless to say, I almost wanted to throw in the towel.

After going through a rough beginning last year, I thought I would never emerge from it. It was really painful that I wanted to drop the pen and close my notebook and never write again. But low and behold, here I am writing in this blog (and at the same time trying to finish a story before going to bed to get some sleep).

All through my life, writing has become a part of me. Aside from singing and dancing, it was the other activity I enjoyed so much, joining as a staff of the newspapers and the chance to write for a daily publication. I did that alright but it was short live after one big mistake I made.

So here I am now writing for a health magazine. I will not deny that I still have alot of goals to fulfill in my career. At this point I am looking to write for an international daily or maybe join an international news organization. But I know in order for me to reach that, I have to heal myself first from the events of last year.  For me to heal is to work hard and take things one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment